PDA

View Full Version : Pet #5 - Hopalong

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2009, 01:22 AM
This is our current feral cat, Hopalong, hanging out by the bbq grill. He is a handsome "tuxedo" cat and has a truly amazing tail. "Hoppy" lives with us when he feels like it and other times we have no idea where he is, but we know it is close. He got his name from his broken right fore-leg, which he is showing you in this picture. He cannot bend it, so he hops along on three legs and uses the bad one like a crutch. He is a very sweet cat and has a gentle personality. He also has incredible eyes... ;) He is currently sleeping in the back yard.

If you're keeping score at home you will notice that I skipped #4. That would be Ziggy, my lovable lug of a cat who is so black that he soaks up all the photons around him. In five years I have not gotten a decent shot of him, but I am going to try over the weekend so I can finish up the pet shots. :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-11-2009, 04:32 AM
What a stunner! I always wanted a cat like this one Kerry. You are a good man for looking out for them. :)

Is there a way to help the ailing leg?

Alfred Forns
07-11-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Kerry Don't recall seeing that combination of coat and eyes !!! One gorgeous kitty !!!

denise ippolito
07-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Kerry, His eyes are incredible!! Beautiful markings on his coat also!! Poor little foot!!

Dave Phillips
07-11-2009, 08:10 AM
"live with us when he feels like it".....what a wonderful description of a true
survivor/overcomer

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Ákos, our theory is that his leg was broken and healed improperly. It doesn't hurt him, he just can't bend it like a normal leg. We felt that the repair would be more traumatic than living with it the way it is. He has adapted well, as animals do, and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He gets around fine and is a happy cat. He is strong and handsome too! :)

Gus Cobos
07-11-2009, 10:31 AM
A sweet little kitty Kerry, Love the eyes...:cool:

Kerry Perkins
07-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Peter, he actually does come in the house. That was a complete surprise to us as we have never had a feral come in the house. He doesn't stay long, but he checks out all the rooms and doesn't seem to be stressed about being in the house. He's just an outdoor cat at heart though...

Jackie Schuknecht
07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I think we are up to four in your house Kerry. These ferals really are meant for the outdoors. Had one for a short while but left.