In my garden
40D
EF100mm f2.8 macro usm
f16, 1/125, flash fired
3pm
pp used CS4

Julie Kenward
07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Ronald this is beautiful but we need to know the data for the image. If you need to know what to post with the photo check out the sticky posts at the top of the forum - the exif data and post-processing data will help us to better understand how your image was created and offer any helpful suggestions. Thanks and welcome to BPN!

Alfred Forns
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Big Warm Welcome Ronald !!!

Great first post Love the look and feel !!! Might only increase the mid tone contrast for the purple around the lower flower (border) and would like a little more room at the bottom if you have it !! Excellent and looking forward to many more !!!

Anita Bower
07-11-2009, 04:35 AM
This is a lovely Gladiola! Mine haven't started blooming yet. I find Gladiolas especially challenging to photograph.

I like the beautiful color and light. The flowers stand out nicely against the dark BG. I would like to see the entire lower flower in the frame. The challenge I face with Gladiolas is what to do about the top flowers. Cutting one in two as you did, doesn't look quite right, but, what other choices are there as the flowers go up and up? I would also like to see the stem either straight up, or more definitely diagonal.

I look forward to more of your Gladiola images.

BillTyler
07-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Gorgeous flower, beautifully lit. I agree with others that I'd like to see the bottom edge of the bloom, and perhaps something to make the upper cut-in-half flower either disappear or become less obvious. Since the background is pure black, would it be possible in shooting to put a black card or black cloth over the rear portion of the plant, so that only the front flower showed? Even doing that, you'd probably need some PP to make the card truly black.

Bill