Mike Lentz
07-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Cute little social things, aren't they?

http://www.pbase.com/image/114795726.jpg

Nikon D300 ~ Nikkkor 300mm F/2.8
ISO 800 ~ F/5.6 ~ 1/800 sec ~

Ilija Dukovski
07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Very cute, I like the whites very well done.
The perch is really cool with all the moss.
Did you do it? Is it near a feeder?
The BG has nice green tone.
The pose of the bird is cute and captures the
nature of these little guys.
I'd darken the left part of the eye if that is an option,
and make a single round catch light.

Don Anderson
07-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Very nice shot.. I think I'd like to see a vert. crop. Its a beautiful
perch, but grabs too much attention. Of course your tech. is
nearly perfect.

Desmond Chan
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Looks very sharp and the colors look very good, too. At first I found the perch perhaps a little too big in the frame. Then I noticed the bird is looking at it. But somehow, the perch looks sharper than the bird. I wonder if that has to do with the more vibrant colors of the perch. I also think it would be nicer if there were a bit more room above the head of the chickadee.

Rich Steel
07-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi Mike

This bird reminds me very much of the marsh tit we have in the UK. A very well exposed and sharp image on a good clean background. The moss on the perch ties in nicely with the background colour. The pose of the bird is on of my favourites with that slight 'over the shoulder' look. I find the perch a little dominating and forcing the bird a little to much up in to the top left hand corner of frame. I think it would be a stronger image if cropped just below the two left upright points of the perch.

Cheers

Rich

Gal Shon
07-10-2009, 03:06 AM
The pose and BG are beautiful,
I find the perch big, for me it draws too much attention

Markus Jais
07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
wonderful colors. great head turn. the background is awesome.

Markus

Dave Leroy
07-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Very nice and I like it as presented. If anything I might add a touch of room to left; it seems a bit tight on the tail. Well done. Dave

Stu Bowie
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
One of the best perches around. I like the pose with the slight head turn, and the BG looks great. I would want a bit more space on the left.

David Fletcher
07-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Nice shot Mike. Killer bg and perch, and good pose with the bird. Don't mind the size of the perch as they are often on that type, irrespective of whether it was placed there, but a tad more room on the left would be good.

Mike Lentz
07-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback. This is a setup of mine and it was done with keeping the green theme as well as trying for a different comp vs the same ol' same ol'. I've actually got Cardinals, Baltimore Orioles (2 at once) and a Bluejay up on this perch and though the little Chickadee image was the best. I may post another to see what folks think. I generally only save one image per perch per species and then toss it.

I like the idea/comments of adding a small amount on the left hand side.

Desmond, the focus point is on the birds eye, noise removal was run on the BG only.

Mark Dumbleton
07-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Super image Mike! Like the composition and BG here! This definately could also work as a vertical.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Great perch, pose, BG and eye contact. I would give it a tad more room at the top, tone down the whites and sharpen wings less.

Ramon M. Casares
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I would only suggest that not sharpening the white lines from the wings would've been better, but this is just stunning! Great pose, lovely light, SUTNNING perch, nice BG, and fantastic comp IMO.
Congratulations!