PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo

Lorant Voros
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Here is another flamingo post. I tried to save the reds here by not adding saturation, but increasing the vibrance to get the right color. I am looking at it on my laptop screen, so I don't know if I managed it. In the REDucation we could learn a lot about this problem. I also noticed that an image where the highlights are good in the RGB mode gets toasted once I convert to sRGB. If someone can give me more advice on this topics would be appreciated. My last flamingo post was good for learning; thanks Artie.

1DMKIII
500mm f:4
ISO200
f:4
1/2500

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5430/090523riolagartos0935b.jpg

Brian Barcelos
07-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Lorant, I really love the colors and the action/body posture here. Great job. I would sharpen the head just a little more and maybe add some room on the right. Congrats.
Brian

Hugh J McLaughlin
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
The image would benefit with more room on the right for the Flamingo to 'run' into. Perhaps a Pano?

Connie Mier
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
The colors look superb to me! In addition to its movement, I like the shadow of its neck on the wing. I only wish there was more room in front of the bird.

Daniel Cadieux
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Good action here, and the pose looks great too. I too would liketo see more room in fromt, but I imagine that would have introduced a leg or foot from the other individual that has left the water trail at right. You could always add some canvas and eliminate that trail with some creful clone/patch work (if that is within your PP ethics). This species is looking more "orange" than what I am used to, perhaps a different species (other than Greater) or a natural variance of colour?

Gal Shon
07-10-2009, 02:31 AM
wonderful situation, very goog quality and colors
Fot me the frame is to tight

Stu Bowie
07-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Pin sharp detail Lorant, and love the take off posture. Good underwing detail, but Im with Dan regarding the colour. I remember your previous post, and that too looked a bit "orange". The overall image makes up for the lack of space on the right, but adding some canvas wouldnt be too difficult. Still, well captured.

Rich Steel
07-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Lorant

You captured a great pose on the bird running to take off and its well lit photos. ~I assume the water spalsh in the bottom right hand corner is from another bird. If you did not want to remove it I would at least take out the white highlights on it which draw the eye down a bit. As mentioned by others some space to the right for the bird to move into would benefit the photograph.

Cheers

Rich

David Fletcher
07-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Other than a bit more front room, this is very good and appealing. Like the details, pose and shadow, although not sure about the fg oof splash which is a minor distraction.

Mark Dumbleton
07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Lovely colours and pose. Front splash a bit distracting, but overall a very pleasing image! Well done

Chris van Rooyen
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Lovely posture, light and sharpness. I would consider cloning out the front splash.