PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Petals

Aidan Briggs
07-09-2009, 12:44 PM
From a foggy morning near the beach. I love the pollen dusting the petals.

50D, 60mm macro,
1/800, f/2.8, ISO 100
Tripod, small crop

Dave Leroy
07-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Neat photo Aidan. I really like the choice of DoF. The composition is also very well done. Dave

Ed Vatza
07-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I love the pollen dusting the petals.

Well there you have it. If you love it, that's what counts. It doesn't really do it for me but that's me. Of bigger concern is that I am hard time find a focal point - that piece that is sharply in focus. Maybe its the edge of the petal above the pollen but that doesn't look quite sharp either. As I result, I found myself just wandering around the image with no place to stop and I feel "I got it!".

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Really love the DOF in your image Aidan. Lovely colors too. I like how the apparent sharp gap between the petals runs to the top right of the frame. THanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Aidan, I love the soft focus here and think you got the composition just about right. I do wish the center of the flower had been more in focus at the front edge of the frame - I think that and the pollen dusting the petals are the two main areas where focus needs to be for an image like this.

Next time, try it with your focal point right at the center and then slowly shift around the image until you get a result you like while keeping that center area in the focal plane.

Another option would be to crop a sliver off the left side so only the more in focus area of the daisy head is left in the image.