PDA

View Full Version : Artistic Goldfinch in yard

Gus Hallgren
02-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi,
Had fun with a bunch of birds getting frisky with a nip in the air this morning. Photographed this cheeky goldfinch in the bright sunlight. . . . I sorta like him . . . Gus
Aperture Priority F 6.3
1/800
ISO 200
-0.30 EV
600 mm HH
Auto WB

Nonda Surratt
02-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I REALLY sorta like him too. The Bg colors are lovely and there is just the right amount of sharp bird and blurred wings, cool! Only nits and I'm nut sure f it is but the back of the birds head where the one wing merges looks a bit odd?

Robert Amoruso
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Its a nice image Gus and certainly not easy to capture something like this especially in flight. I agree with Norda that the wing/head interaction looks a little funky but still not a big deal. A head turn to the right would have given you better eye contact.

I definitely like the wing and tail blur and the sharp head and body. Just the right blend.

You might want to brighten up the image some as it appears a bit dark. The BG is great.

Gus Hallgren
02-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Robert, You're right on with your suggestion to lighten it, and as a bonus it now shows the back of the head from the wings. Appreciate your kindness and expertise . . Gus

Robert Amoruso
02-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Gus,

I like the repost a lot and the head is now better defined from the wing.

Nonda Surratt
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Gus,

No I'm not a pro but to me its a bit too light now and loses some of the drama, somewhere in-between for me.