PDA

View Full Version : $1,000,000 Highway

Kerry Perkins
07-09-2009, 12:58 AM
This is a portion of the "Million Dollar Highway" that runs from Silverton to Ouray in Colorado. This is drop-dead beautiful country and this road is a real treat - especially on a motorcycle! ;)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-09-2009, 01:13 AM
It is a magical landscape Kerry. You got Grizzlies? :D
Thanks for sharing.

denise ippolito
07-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Kerry, I haven't been to Colorado but am looking forward to it soon! Love the montains and the curved road!!

Gus Cobos
07-09-2009, 05:31 AM
A beautiful place Kerry...love the mountains and the fresh clean air...will probably go back next year in the winter...:D:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-09-2009, 07:15 AM
............... and in the winter :) Sweet road !!!

Mark Fuge
07-09-2009, 09:52 AM
This is a portion of the "Million Dollar Highway" that runs from Silverton to Ouray in Colorado. This is drop-dead beautiful country and this road is a real treat - especially on a motorcycle! ;)

Kerry, I agree with your discription. But could you please refrain from using the term "Drop-Dead" in reference to scenic mountain roads!!! :eek: Some of us are not use to them and the term may have a different meaning!! :eek: One thing I do love about Florida, the only "mountains" are over the intercoastal!!!

Actually I love mountains, but do not enjoy the two lane roads without guardrails. But understand they really serve no purpose there, as once you hit them ... well... :eek: ;)

Kerry Perkins
07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Ah, Mark, you see my bit of humor there. ;) I once had a guy from South Africa refer to my motorcycle as a "killer machine", and he meant it in a good way, but... :eek: It is definitely a challenge to stay on these roads, with so much beautiful scenery around!

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
May be my favorite road in the US! Never did it on the motorcycle though.......I'd be too worried about the trucks losing their brakes!

Mark Fuge
07-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Ah, Mark, you see my bit of humor there. ;) I once had a guy from South Africa refer to my motorcycle as a "killer machine", and he meant it in a good way, but... :eek: It is definitely a challenge to stay on these roads, with so much beautiful scenery around!

Yes Kerry, :eek:

Someday maybe you will post a photo of the Pacific Coast Highway north of SF. Then I can tell of our tale of driving south one day!!! I was in the passager seat! :eek:

Been through Colorado, as well and must say the roads are what keep me from moving west. Love the scenery, but also love life and desire to preserve the latter as long as possible! ;)

Make A Great Day

Jackie Schuknecht
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Wow must be quite a wonderful drive Kerry!