PDA

View Full Version : Pine Grosbeak

Declan Troy
02-05-2008, 01:26 PM
An emergence from lurking for me....

To bad he wasn't looking back at me but I like the pattern on the back and wings.

20D [100-] 400mm, 1/250 f/11 fill flash (and needed it too as my vantage was looking into the sun).

Declan

Alfred Forns
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Sure would have been nice if he was looking at you Did great with the fill flash with the light direction Might suggest selective sharpening around the eye

Also the angle is difficult Wish you could have been up a little more to see the legs Leaving more room for virtual legs would not work in this instance Lovely little bird Sure hope you can get one perched!!!!!

Nonda Surratt
02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Congrats on de-lurking! The BG really sets off the birds colors, Albert covered an issues.

Judd Patterson
02-06-2008, 01:22 AM
Hey Declan, I always love to see Pine Grosbeak photographs...they have such great colors. You really did an excellent job with the flash!! Alfred has provide you with some great advice in regards to the angle (would sure help to see some of the legs/feet). Hope to see more of your photographs soon.

Best,

-Judd

Declan Troy
02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the comments. I still have much to learn about flash.

Not many options on angles at this site and probably wouldn't help much for seeing the legs. The bird is squatting; they seem to just plop down on the snow as they land. Maybe if it ever warms up into positive temperatures they will be more willing to show their legs.