PDA

View Full Version : Low Flying Hunter

David Roach
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Another from the morning at Wako with good light and deep water causing these beauties to hover/skim for their breakfast.
1DMKIIN 400DO ISO 500 F5.6@1/1250

Randy Stout
07-08-2009, 03:02 PM
David:

I like the composition, wing postion, HA. The whites are well exposed.
There seems to be a small defect with dark line right on top of the head above the eye. Perhaps you did a selection there?

There is something about the combination of water and duckweed that I find a bit distracting in this image, same as the last. . Perhaps a bit of gaussian blur would downplay that effect. This is just my personal reaction to the water.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Joe Senzatimore
07-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I like the combination of water and duckweed. Just wish the bill didn't get lost in the dark patch. Whites are fantastic as is the comp.

Graham Smith.
07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice Shot David,
Excellent pose, and very nice exposure on the whites
I agree with Randy's comments regarding the BG. I would also encourage some gaussian blur to try and make the BG less distracting.

Fabs Forns
07-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Lovely pose and whites, David. The bill is agoan getting lost in the dark BG. Duckweed does not bother me.

Phil Ertel
07-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Nice. I like the composition. I find the pose very pleasing with good eye contact. The duckweed doesn't bother me either. I do find the blue in the lower left hand corner (our left) a little over saturated. The most distracting issue for me is the bill blinding into the dark part of the background.

Stu Bowie
07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
David, I like the angle, and how the far wing follows the split between the water and duckweed. Good exposure on the whites, and I would run some NR on the BG. Well captured.

Connie Mier
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Beautiful detail and couldn't ask for a nicer flight pose. I actually like how the blue and green bgs are arranged, though I agree with others on blurring it more or desaturating it a bit.