PDA

View Full Version : Chinar

Sabyasachi Patra
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
This image is from my recent visit to various wilderness areas in the south of India. This image was from the Chinar river bed. After a hard day's trek, I had no energy left. I got into the water of the river and cooled off for a while. While coming out saw this scene.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 28-135mm at 135mm, ISO 200, f11, 1/160, full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2009, 05:41 PM
I like the layers and the light on the peak. I might try removing a bit of the blue cast on the lit areas to further emphasize them. Also I think you could crop 1/2 the sky and focus on the good stuff.

David Thomasson
07-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Your picture nicely conveys the wildness of the countryside. It looks like what I used to see in Tarzan movies as a child, though I believe those used Africa
as a backdrop. I cannot imagine how you can go a-trekking there, let alone get into a river to cool off. I would be preoccupied with thoughts of the tigers and
crocodiles lurking in the trees and waiting to leap out and consume me. :eek: Some curves adjustments will bring out the details a little better. I especially like the sun catching that one peak left of center.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6798/indiad.jpg

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Saby,
I like the strong lines the peaks and the tree line create as they are very much follow the same line. I think the large expanse of clouds here weakens that relationship so I suggest a crop. Instead of describing the crop I post it.

I also removed some cyan using Selective Color.

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi Sabyasachi,
I like the tweaks offered in the posts above but I do remember you aren't much for doing PP'ing so will only offer a crop suggestion from your original post. It wasn't big.....but strengthens the mountains impact compositionally. It is close to proportional also.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi Paul, David, Robert and Roman,
Thanks for the comments and reposts. Different perspectives. I am enjoying them all. I will open the RAW file and work on it as suggested.

David,
Normally one is not allowed to wander in the forests alone. I had special permissions. The chance of meeting an elephant was more real as elephants normally come to the same place to drink water. There are crocodiles downstream and not at that spot. There were some langur monkeys on the tree and I knew they will warn me before any carnivore comes near. :-)

In the city we guys take a hot water bath after a long days work. My suggestion is to try a cold water bath like I did. You will be surprised. I am sure the effect would be similar if you try that in your African Safari's as well. :-)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi