PDA

View Full Version : Foot Bridge Over the Colorado

Michael Pancier
07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3701145474_ffd129685f_o.jpg

For those who've been to Moab, you'll recognize this foot bridge which is on scenic highway 128.

Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens: 24-105L
Exposure: (1/25)
Aperture: f/14.0
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

Sabyasachi Patra
07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Michael,
The depth of field is nice. The colour of the bridge matches that of the hills and leads the eyes into the frame. I am wondering how this scene will look in horizontal mode.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Michael Pancier
07-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Michael,
The depth of field is nice. The colour of the bridge matches that of the hills and leads the eyes into the frame. I am wondering how this scene will look in horizontal mode.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

I need to remember to always shoot scenes in both modes. I try to do that, but didn't here. :confused:

Dave Leroy
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Michael,

Very interesting looking photo. I like the colours. I keep wanting to have had the camera set on top of the right hand rail and then have the photo taken. Not sure why,perhaps to give more dimension to the bridge. Dave

Michael Pancier
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi Michael,

Very interesting looking photo. I like the colours. I keep wanting to have had the camera set on top of the right hand rail and then have the photo taken. Not sure why,perhaps to give more dimension to the bridge. Dave

I took some shots from below the bridge too. this shot I was trying to give you feel of walking on the bridge...

Paul Marcellini
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Well processed for the light. I'm undecided on the shadow, but overall its a nice scene that puts the viewer there. The bold colors definitely help this image.

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I have been right there Michael. Agree with the above comments. Shadow OK with me.

Roman Kurywczak
07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey Michael,
Been there too.....too many times to remember. I see you had the dreaded blue sky!......only thing worse there is grey.....but that always has potential! Good job minimizing the sky and the contrasting colors work nicely here. I actually like the shadow......but like Dave......not quite sure if it's my favorite angle. It's still well composed and all the other details are right on. You know......alll the times I've been there never shot this even once!