PDA

View Full Version : "Imperial Sun"

Gus Cobos
07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
“Imperial Sun”

This magnificent lady was painted with a Nikon D3, using a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D IF-ED macro lens, and a 20mm extension tube.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 105mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/250sec. - f/16 / exposure comp @ -0.7EV / ISO @ 400 / white balance @ custom profile, using an Expo disk for color calibration / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern and attached diffuser. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and remote electronic trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

denise ippolito
07-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Gus, Nicely presented and beautiful details!!

Nick Palmieri
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Gus, I thought only moderators were supposed to comment, I guess I didn't read the fine print, so now that I know I can comment I will add my "two cents". This is an awesome image, I love it as presented. When I look at it for a few minutes I think my eye wants it slightly more skewed. Possibly I am thrown off by the logo in the corner. Overall great image, great colors and thanks for giving all the technical data.

James Boland
07-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Gus... Thanks for including all of the details in the image solution. I learned a lot just by reading about what you did. Excellent image.

Jim

Alfred Forns
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
My new favorite Gus !!!!

With the images Gus posts is good to look carefully at the equipment used. He uses different macro lenses to for the best possible viewing angle then combines with extension tubes when needed.

Using a 105 or 200 will make the same image if you back off with the longer lens but ... both will not look the same dof wise !!! I do more bugs and distance is a must for me, I'm appreciating the flower outlook !!!

Cheryl Slechta
07-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Gus, this is an incredible image. There is such a mix of textures, colors and lighting that it is quite complex.
Beautiful as usual:)

Harold Davis
07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
you nailed the heck out of this one!!!! that flower has personality to die for. and you captured it to perfection. one of my personal favorites too!!

Lance Peters
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Well done Gus - nice title too - Think Im turning Japanese :) I really think so.