PDA

View Full Version : How to Save this Image?

Eleanor Kee Wellman
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
I took this yesterday morning after having grabbed my camera out of my cold car. I knew the lens was fogged when I took this but hoped I could save it in CS3. Everything I have tried has made it look too worked. I would like to have the pine trees still green and make the centre part look natural with the cub being a silhouette. Nothing has been done to it during processing or after. I do know that Noise Ninja does help.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Eleanor/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

I would really appreciate an outline of how to save this image.

Thanks!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
If the original is RAW then you might be able to make this work. I would either try to tone down the BG and get more details in the darks or go for a silhouette image.

Eleanor Kee Wellman
07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks, Axel,

Yes, it is RAW. I have been trying for a silhouette of the centre so will just keep working on it!

Roger Clark
07-07-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure what effect you are trying to get. I just selected the bright zone, feathered it 44 pixels, then used curves to darken it a little. I did this about 4 times, feathering 44, 55, 66, and 88 pixels, making small darkening adjustments each time. I also darked the bottom a little with curves. Then with no selection add a small s-curve the increase contrast a little by lowering the lows some.

Roger

Eleanor Kee Wellman
07-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Thanks, Roger!

That is more like what I am hoping for!

Jim Neiger
07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
The SH tool often works wonders on fog.

Eleanor Kee Wellman
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks, Jim, I haven't tried that!