PDA

View Full Version : Axis Axis (Spotted Deer)

Kartikeya Puri
07-07-2009, 02:22 PM
http://arrozinc.com/ranthambhore/IMG_9354-w.jpg

Spotted Deer (Axis Axis) or locally known as Chital, is a common deer you will see while visiting many national parks in India.

20D + 100-400 L - ~300mm@f/6.3

I do not have access to photoshop. I do know some limitations of this capture, which are as follows:

1. Angle. It seems like the deer is walking away from me.
2. Frame. I do not have access to a machine with any PP software on it at the moment (for next 2 months)
3. WB. The picture looks a little cool. That is how I remember the light on a cold December morning.

What I like: Deer walking on the golden carpet.

I would appreciate all the comments and suggestions. :-)

Cheers,
Kartik

Axel Hildebrandt
07-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I like the angle, BG and good-looking specimen. I only wish for a head turn towards you and I find the deer a bit tight in the frame on the right side and bottom. Keep them coming!

David Fletcher
07-07-2009, 03:34 PM
You have a good eye. Like the placement, although as mentioned a bit tight in the frame. Would be nice to have a head turn, but your own critique is pretty good. Look forward to more.

Morkel Erasmus
07-07-2009, 03:37 PM
nice shot with your own critiques noted. looks like Bambi :)
love the BG and colours in the shot.

Fabs Forns
07-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Beautiful environment and bird. Axel makes two strong points with the head turn and more space.

Big welcome to BPN, hope to see more form you :)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Your self critique is good Kartikeya.

I would also like a little more space below. There also appears to be some noise in the BG. Easy fix. Keep it up! :)

Robert Amoruso
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Kartik,

You are heading in the right direction here. The BG and tan grass are great. As Axel mentioned, more room and a better position on the body was needed. If possible moving left to get parallel to the deer was the way to go.

Steve Canuel
07-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Nice coat on this deer. I like the golden carpet and the BG texture/color. Picture doesn't look cool to me although it does have a winter/overcast feel. Agree about tightness of comp in LRC, head turn towards you would've been great.

Kartikeya Puri
07-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Thank you guys. I agree with the composition. Once I get my hands on a machine with CS3 on it, I will try and see if I can change the crop.

I agree with the HA part, I wish I could have gotten it with a better HA. :-)

Cheers,
Kartik