PDA

View Full Version : Flipped with Added Part

denise ippolito
07-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Next weeks Theme is Flipped images-This time we will be allowed to add extra parts. As Dave Phillips is the judge for this coming up Theme and it was his idea to allow extra parts.:) I am getting in a trial run before I work on any others. This image is of a Mute Swan's back feathers in the sunlight- I cropped a portion of those feathers then I flipped them. Then I added the head of an Egret that I shot during the same time -with similar lighting. I masked it onto the feathers. Comments appreciated. Dave is this allowed or should this be considered a seperate Theme -Animal Morphing?

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Incredible. You keep raising the bar and mere mortals like me can sit back and sigh in disbelief. :( Just as I was getting the hang of some blurs. JUST!

Dave Phillips
07-07-2009, 07:16 AM
really really flippin' artsy........exactly the kind of thing I have in mind.
Contributors just need to keep the main/base image a flip

denise ippolito
07-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Thankyou Akos, Keep at the blurs this weeks not over yet!! Should get fun!! I have alot of blurs still to post.
Dave- I'm glad since I have several other in mind! Just didn't want to head down the wrong path!!

Rod Wiley
07-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Way cool, The Only thing I would do differently is put the beak behind the leading edge of the wing because it couldn't really pass through that area of the feathers without messing them up. Very nice work

PS I hope you don't mind me working on it, I didn't know if I was explaining myself very well. Rod

denise ippolito
07-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Rod, Great eye, I would not of gotten what you were saying w/o the repost-Thankyou!!!:)
Hope this is better!!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Do you or Dave ever sleep??????

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think they sleep much. THey are addicts. But look who's talkin'? :D I always say I sleep enough when I am dead.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Really like your post Denise, and the extra touch by Rod give it a more realistic touch. The swan looks like it is in a pod, love the array of feathers too.

Gus Cobos
07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
This is one wild bird with a bad hair day...:eek::D:p;) Love it to death...:cool: