PDA

View Full Version : Farewell my friend (copied in Family/Friends)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Apache was a friend. He died suddenly and while he was not my cat, he and I had a wonderful friendship....for a while. I was privileged to know him. A special cat. I dedicate this poem to my friend Apache.

You seem so wild, yet are so kind
Your claws so sharp, yet never strike
Your purrs so loud, your eyes so ‘live
You are my friend, my friend for life

I call your name, you run to me
I pet you and that’s what will be
I scratch your chin, behind your ears
Big hugs are next, I feel my tears
<o></o>
See you lying, lying there
All alone, under the car
No more hugs, and no more pets
Awaiting your final good bye
<o>
</o>

denise ippolito
07-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Akos, Very sad moving poem-again so sorry for your loss.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 06:38 AM
Thank you. :( I've just been diggin' through some old DVD files and found more of him.

Kent Wilson
07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry, Akos, it hurts so bad to lose a friend. Your poem is very touching.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Thank you Kent for stopping by. :)

Julie Kenward
07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Akos, from a poetry standpoint, I think this is the best stuff you've done to date. It all flows from line to line and everything works. I'm so sorry you lost your buddy, though...that's always so hard - even as you said - it wasn't your cat. It's still a loss...

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for dropping by Julie and for the feedback. :)

David Smith
07-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Akos:

Very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I lost my Cocker Spaniel "Tuffy" after 17 years and my cat "Sky" after 12 years. It is heart-breaking. Almost as bad as losing one of your children.. I had someone send me this website and I found it to be very comforting. I have enclosed it in this post. I hope that it helps you as much as it did me...

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Dave

Mark Fuge
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry for your loss. All those of us who have shared it with a loving pet know your feelings. They are sometimes our closest friends and family members.

Kerry Perkins
07-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Your words and image are a beautiful testament to the bond between you and Apache. I was very sad to read about him in the other forum and now I'm all choked up!

We never really own cats, but when we are invited into their lives it is a special kind of relationship. So sorry that he is gone, but happy that there are people like you who care and that you had this friend, even if only for a while...

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Dave, Mark, Kerry

Thank you sincerely for your kind thoughts. (and the link)