PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Buzzard

Arsdel Fluesmeier
07-06-2009, 06:14 PM
40D, Canon 100-400@330mm, 1/640 f 5.6, ISO 400, This was shot just before sunset where several birds
were getting ready to roost.

Randy Stout
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Arsdel:

Nicely captured, very nice detail in the blacks. I might try to tone down the bright areas on top of the forehead.
Nice BG,look back pose. Interesting lighting effect from the light angle.

Randy

joel quenneville
07-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Good job on the pose, perch and BG. The bird has a nice head turn. However, I would wish for a better light angle. The backlighting does not make for a very pleasing portrait here. This is a situation where you would want to use lots of fill flash. You might also try a silhouette.

Arthur Morris
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice pose and backlight. The REDs, esp. on the bill, look like detail-less enamel. And easy fix by adding CYAN to the reds and then de-SATing the REDs a bit. Love the handling of the blacks.

Michael Lloyd
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice job. I love the background and the detail in the blacks.

I have one non-photograph comment. Technically it's a Turkey Vulture not a buzzard. Buzzards, if I'm not mistaken (I could be. I'm no expert thats for sure), are found in Europe and don't resemble either the Turkey Vulture or Black-headed Vulture.

Daniel Cadieux
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Arsdel, to me this image looks like it went though an intense noise removal treatment. Everything looks smoothed out and detail-less. I like the comp, exposure to the blacks, and nice head turn.

Stu Bowie
07-07-2009, 02:41 AM
I was really worried reading the above comments, but Dan has confirmed what I am seeing too. The feather detail looks like some form of NR has been applied. Good headturn.