PDA

View Full Version : View from Alcatraz

Jackie Schuknecht
07-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Last in the series although I have a few odds and ends which I will get to sometime later. This is the view from the island looking south across the bay to San Francisco. Not quite what it would have looked like in 1963 when the prison eventually closed, but it must have really increased the prisoner's sense of isolation.
I hope you have enjoyed Hearst Castle, and Alcatraz, and have more of a sense of what they look like. Thanks for dropping by!

Gus Cobos
07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I like the perspective Lady Jackie, I enjoyed both of your series...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Nice shot of the city, what a great view! Thanks for the series also Jackie. Great learning. :)

Alfred Forns
07-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Great series Jackie .... they had a great swim team :)

denise ippolito
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Really neat and interesting series Jackie!! I hope you go on vacation more often-I feel like I was there!!!

Stu Bowie
07-07-2009, 06:08 AM
If my memory serves me correct, there was one person who actually escaped and managed the swim. It would be interesting to have set up at the same place every five years, and record the changes over time.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-07-2009, 09:37 AM
They are asking for new recruits all the time all. Not sure why, think it has something to do with sinking:)
Stuart I'd be interested in seeing the piece where someone did mange to swim amd get away. One man did swim, but he was so tired they nabbed him under the GG Bridge.