PDA

View Full Version : Thin

Gordon Craig
07-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I am really staring to enjoy my Canon 100 mm lens. I shot this with my Canon 5D camera, Canon 100 mm 2.8F lens at an Aperture of 4.0. The exposure was 1/8000 and ISO was 800.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi Gordon,
Your image has great appeal. A little NR would be a good idea and you could easily have used a lower ISO and still not risk image blur. Just a thought. Not sure why the high ISO? Sorry bud, not trying to be critical, just get an idea what made you choose that setting. :)

Have a good one! :)

Jerry van Dijk
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey Gordon, I really love your image. The colors are great, as is the positioning of the subject in the frame and the repetition of the subject in the OOF BG. Must say that I don´t really find it very abstract, but hey, I´m a biologist working with grasses all the time. Agree with Ákos on the NR.
Chears,

Jerry.

Julie Kenward
07-06-2009, 05:16 PM
This is lovely Gordon...although I am also wondering about the high settings. Was this close to dusk? Is that why the LRC is so much darker?

I do really like the faded BG and the green color is so beautiful. Nice positioning of the main blade between the two in the BG. My only concern is with that dark corner at the bottom.

Mike Moats
07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Gordon, you've been posting some really nice images lately and this is no exception. Really like the simple comp, and what a great soft BG. Well done.

Gordon Craig
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
About the high ISO setting. The reason for it was due to the wind. It was a pretty windy morning. It was cold last week and warmer weather was moving in. I generally try to avoid anything over 400.

denise ippolito
07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Gordon, Really beautiful composition with an almost repeating pattern-very well seen. Agree w/ above comments.

Anita Bower
07-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Very nice! I like the parallel, out of focus grasses in the BG. Nice shades of green and composition.

Thomas Herou
07-08-2009, 05:15 AM
The BG is outstanding in my eyes,and the placing of the grass is perfect.
A little noise is no big deal.Sometimes it adds much to the feel to the image.
I think we're sometimes a little fixated by the ISO-number.