PDA

View Full Version : Tiger (w)

Kiran Khanzode
07-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Taken in Nov 2008, from the back of an elephant, 40-50 feet away.

Techs: EOS 20D, 70-200 f/4 with 1.4x tele at 280mm. 1/200, f/5.6, ISO 400.

Exif intact. Image is as organic as they come, just some basic PP.

Thanks,
Kiran

Harshad Barve
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Such a expressive male cub ( Changu) , and you have done so well here
Thanks for sharing,
Harshad

Sid Garige
07-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Very nice image Kiran. Intense look and eye contact makes this image for me.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice portrait indeed. I wish it had a little more light on the face and it looks just a little soft. Thanks for sharing. :)

Alfred Forns
07-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Kiram Love the tight portrait Sure wish it was all shade or sun on his face Big Congrats !!!

Stu Bowie
07-06-2009, 02:17 AM
I really like the eye contact in this. Unfortunately, I find this a bit soft. Pity. Im not sure if you do another round of USM to sharp this a bit more.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-06-2009, 05:47 AM
I like the composition, however vertical would have worked here. Would have looked great if the image was sharp. We can wish about the even lighting on face, but it is not always possible. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

David Fletcher
07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Love the look and pose Kiran. Does look a tad soft and hope another round of usm will do, but must have been tricky on the back of an ele.

Kiran Khanzode
07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you, all !

Bruce Enns
07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Kiran, I really like the direct eye contact, and the composition in this image. I think the horizontal crop works because of the shoulder sloping to the left.

Since I'll probably never get a chance to work on my on tiger images, I couldn't resist the temptation to see if I could address some of the issues raised by the other critiques and comments. I hope I won't offend you by being so bold as to manipulate your already very nice image. My sincere apologies if any offense is taken.

I tried to even out the lighting a bit and increase the sharpness...I also removed the small piece of grass from across his nose.

Cheers!
Bruce

PS I see now that it's posted that I left a very bold line down the right side of the nose...ooops!, well you get the idea anyway!

Kiran Khanzode
07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Bruce, how dare you !!!!
-
-
-
JUS' KIDDING !!! :-) :-)

Am happy that you took the time and made edits to my photo, appreciate the effort and time spent ! I would like anyone else watching/reading this thread to also post their versions of this image. Wwill be happy to see multiple versions and the potential differences individual PP can make.

Thanks,
Kiran

Harshad Barve
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
My vote for original post
Harshad

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Kiran,

I tried sharpening it but it appears that the image is out of focus.

Ed Cordes
07-06-2009, 10:03 PM
I vote for an image between the 2 posts. The original has a mysterious look due to the dark side of the face on the right of the image. It is a bit soft however and the grass in front of the nose is distracting. the repost takes away too much of the dark, mysterious right side, but it does remove the grass and reduces the apperance of softness by increasing the contrast.

In any case I like the image a lot.

Kiran Khanzode
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I agree the original is a bit soft. I've done some work on it and also brightened up the dark side and added a bit more aggressive sharpening. Robert, you might be right, the image does have some motion or lens blur..and is not tack sharp.

Let me know if this is a +ve step.

Bruce Enns
07-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Kiran, Yes I think that you have moved the image in a positive direction. As you've said, still not tack sharp...I'll guess you'll have to go back and take another! Much more subtle than my repost, and a definite improvement IMO.

Cheers!
Bruce