PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Off

Oscar Zangroniz
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
From Crandon Gardens late afternoon.
Nikon D3, Sigma 300-800 @ 800mm, F9, 1/1250, ISO 800, Manual Exposure, Tripod (of course)

Harold Davis
07-05-2009, 07:05 PM
now you are cooking!! the eye looks good and sharp. is there a blue cast over the bird or is it natural?

Deborah Harrison
07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Great shot, nice and sharp. Is your white balance slightly too cool??? although the background looks correct the bird itself seems a tad blue. Otherwise, beautiful - congratulations!

Gus Cobos
07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi Oscar,
I like the capture...your goose seems to be a little tight on the left side of the frame would like to have a bit more room there if possible, to get the ripples in the water...you also have a bluish cast in the whites, and the reed that is touching his head is a tad distracting...I took the liberty in making a few adjustments to enhance your capture. I removed the color cast, opened up the mid-tones, diffused and desaturated the reeds in the background and toned down the hot whites on the rear portion of the body...and selective sharpened the eye and the head. and ran a low level pass of noise reduction in the background...see if this presents best to you. Looking forward to more...:cool:

denise ippolito
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Oscar, Nice action stopped and the head looks good and sharp-nice re-post by Gus!!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Nice capture Oscar, I do like the removal of the cast on the whites. You must be having a blast with that lens!

Lance Peters
07-06-2009, 03:19 AM
Now you are starting to cook with Gas OZ!! - Gus repost is on the money. Little tight LHS for my tastes.
Rock the Sigmonster.

Alfred Forns
07-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi Oscar I know what you were only trying to do and it worked .... razor sharp image :)

Not sure how it wet south during the processing but there is something strange going on Re post does look better !!! Congrats on the lens ... looks like you will be keeping it :)

Richard Waas
07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Oz, See you're out with the new lens. Everyday I keep thinking of that 500mm, it's coming soon. By the way, the goose reminds me of a belly dancer. The bottom shakes real nice while the upper body/head is dead still. Sharp eye..... Congrats!