PDA

View Full Version : PET WEEK / Miles

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Miles is a five-year old Burmilla (brown-shaded). A cross between Burmese and Chinchilla. Relatively new in Australia and not a common breed. He has the intelligence of the Burmese and laid-back attitude of the Chinchilla and his coat is incredibly soft and smooth. He is really affectionate, talks a lot, loves catnaps on your lap, and uses his paw to reach out to you when he wants something. An awesome member of our huge animal family. :D He got his name because we travelled many Miles to a cat show where we fell in love with him on the spot.

I deliberately shot him backlit with a flash and in the PP applied a Tiffen filter (cannot remember which) but I liked the smooth rendition so it stayed.

denise ippolito
07-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Miles is beautiful! I love the backlit ears and the pink and white is so cute!! His eyes are gorgeous!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks D. He is stunning, that's probably the best way to describe him.

Gus Cobos
07-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Akos,
Miles is a handsome fellow...all he needs is a black tie to go out on the town...thanks for sharing...:cool:

Alfred Forns
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Akos I had not idea about this breed !!! I'm sure it will gain Championship status soon and will be popular !!! Gorgeous !!!

Dave Phillips
07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
that is one beautiful.......uh, guy.
Looks like a sweet lady, but don't tell Miles

Christopher Miller
07-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Stunning kitty, Akos! Love those eyes!

Jackie Schuknecht
07-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Like the way you have photographed Miles Akos. Beautiful cat. How many cats do you have? Was it eight????:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Like the way you have photographed Miles Akos. Beautiful cat. How many cats do you have? Was it eight????:)

Six Jackie, six and I would love another six. But the fur everywhere! LOL! We have three dogs from death row too.

At the moment I am a bit of a stray myself in a way. :(

Thank you for looking.

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-06-2009, 06:45 PM
Beautiful image and a stunning subject. Love the eyes and the beautiful lighting in this capture. Thanks for sharing Akos.

Ed Cordes
07-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Stunningly beautiful! The backlight set him off well.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Hola Akos!

Es curioso ver como algunos miembros en BPN aman las aves y tambien tienes gatos!!!

Love those eyes and their color. Great pet.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Gracias Don Juan.
Usted es un hombre gracioso Juan. Me encantan todos los animales, excepto los cocodrilos.

Pero gracias por sus amables palabras.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Ay Akos!

Para empezar ''Quiteme el ''Don'' y deme la plata'', (este es solo un dicho que usamos en CR!)
La verdad es que estoy bastante joven para que me llamen ''Don'' pero bueno, volviendo a los animales, que tienen de malo los cocodrilos? ellos han estado con nosotros por millones de años y nos han demostrado lo astutos que son y como se pueden adaptar a los habitats.

Ahora, por que usted dice que soy gracioso? este rex...

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Juan
No entiendo rex.

Gracias por tu lección de mi amigo español.

Mack Hicks
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Absolutely gorgeous, both the cat and the photo. Gus, I disagree with you, I think he needs a pink bowtie!

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Juan
No entiendo rex.

Gracias por tu lección de mi amigo español.

Rex del Latin Rey!

Claro si eres el rey de los gatos! LOL:D

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Ahora que soy. Usted es demasiado divertido Juan.