PDA

View Full Version : Another Croc !!!

Alfred Forns
07-05-2009, 03:15 PM
These Crocodile fish are difficult to spot, this one I cut the back end ... just didn't see !!! You turn to get let another diver to show the fish and can't find it !! Lots of fun !!! Made with Nikonos, 15 UW Nikkor and 150 Ikelite

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Kiran Khanzode
07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
That's a scary looking fish you got there, Alfred ! Never seen such a thing before. I love how it blends in with the surrounding, just like a Leopard.

Sid Garige
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow.. This fish really looks like a croc. Nice job Al.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Well done Al. Love the image. Shows well how it was a pain to illuminate with flashes due to the 15mm's large angle of view. Evident by the lack of fill light above the fish. These guys are awesome!

I will pull out my anglers soon (frogfish). :D

Alfred Forns
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
... and I used my light off camera with a short detachable arm, not the easiest way to aim but found it to be the most efficient !!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 11:18 PM
... and I used my light off camera with a short detachable arm, not the easiest way to aim but found it to be the most efficient !!!

Good technique Sir. For non-divers, it's hard to understand the constraints facing us down under. :D

Sabyasachi Patra
07-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Alfred,
I can imagine how dark it would be down there. I happy to see your UW shots. I think Akos, Bruce and others have motivated you to share your images. Thanks for that. Its nice looking at these creatures.

Akos,
I can visualise the challenge. Some time back I had feasted on some images made by David Doubilet. Love the UW stuff you guys are dishing out.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bruce Enns
07-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Another good one Alfred! His pectoral fin even looks like a croc's foot. I think the lighting works well to emphasize how easily they blend in to the background.

Sabyasachi, I posted a few images last year, but it was Alfred who inspired me to have another look at re-developing some of my u/w images with the knowledge that I've gained on BPN over the past year!

Cheers!
Bruce

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Never seen anything like this Al, thanks for sharing. Definitively, there is a different world in the ocean.