PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July

JB Ellis
07-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Hope everyone got to seee and photograph some great fireworks last night. I found this spot where I could combine the blast with the bridge and a water reflection. Hope it works for you. 5sec. f20 ISO 200 70mm.

Woops, here is the picture. Maybe a moderator can put with my post.

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey JB,
Will answer after grouting tub!

Roman Kurywczak
07-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey JB,
Finished late so didn't get a chance. Like the burst and while the FG subject isn't my favorite......I really do like the sunbursts coming off them. My only recommendation is to crop off the left......to take the whole thing off center a bit and to eliminate the most uniteresting parts. I would use the small red light (with white light underneath the bridge) as my guide and eliminate them without clipping reflection. Hope you had a great 4th!.....as the weather was absolutely stunning here!

JB Ellis
07-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks Roman,
Next year I might try to get on the bridge in the foreground, then a marina would be my foreground. It might work depending on how the boats are illuminated. I don't want to lose the reflection though. I guess I could peruse some really nice firework shots and try to figure out why they work. Also, spending more thought and time picking out a better vantage point would definitely be a plus. Attached is shot without a foreground. I like image, but miss something to anchor it.

Roman Kurywczak
07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Yeah,I agree! I think your original w/o that much on the left will work....colors in water are a big plus!