PDA

View Full Version : Non-landscape Landscape - In One Window and Out the Other

Ed Vatza
07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
This isn't really a landscape but I can't figure out where else to post it. So moderators if you have a better idea, feel free to move it.

This is a close-up of the Uhlerstown Covered Bridge crossing the Delaware Canal (or what's left of it) in the Delaware Canal State Park (PA). This is a most interesting state park since it is about 60 miles long and about 50 feet wide encompassing the canal and a narrow towpath. Land on both sides is private property.

I made a series of images of the covered bridge but really ended up liking this view ("through the windows" with all the shadowing along the weathered red-stained wood) the best.

This is a five image HDR composite made using Photomatix. The base image was shot at 1/25 sec @ f/11; ISO 200; +1/3 EV; with focal length of 6omm; and natural light. The remaining four images were made at +/- 1 and 2 stops from the original.

Canon 30D and 24-70mm f/2.8L lens, tripod-mounted.

gary rouleau
07-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi Ed,
i love the colours, the rich mix of reds and greens. I would leave it here in landscapes. My only nit it looks a tad sloped.
Cheers
gary

Roman Kurywczak
07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey Ed,
I'm OK with it here but will leave it to Robert to move it if he choses.
I did the scroll of the browser to check slope......looks pretty good ther so I would leave it. I like the placement of the window in the frame and the shadow play also. My only suggestion is to try a LCE on it or adding blacks in selective color.....to giv e it some pop.....as I want the colors to jump off the screen......yeah, a bit of personal preference there.....but worth exploring. Nice job seeing the scene inside the grand scene!