PDA

View Full Version : Boabs and Termites

John Cooper
02-05-2008, 01:15 AM
a very typical scene in central, northern Australia - Boab trees and termite mounds.
Not sure if this image works - I've looked at it many times only to replac it back in its folder!! Comments would be grateful.

Canon EOS 10D, Canon 17-40 F4L, at 24mm, iso 100, F 22, Polarizer, Late afternoon, Tripod

David Steele
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Lovely rich colours and lighting John. I think it's the tightly cropped tree on the left that might be worrying you. I don't know if it would have been possible to get an even lower angle and inlude more of the 'offending' tree otherwise a solution may have been to move away from the termite mound and us a small tele from a low angle to get more or all of the tree in.

Maxis Gamez
02-05-2008, 06:10 AM
HI John,

Not an easy composition to deal with but I think you did well. The only thing I would see is more room on top.

Robert Amoruso
02-05-2008, 06:58 AM
John,

I think that David and Maxis have it right on the composing suggestions. It is too tight a composition. The diagonal line of the trees in the image is nice and that should be retained if you get back out there.

Gayle Clement
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Fascinating shapes in the boab trees and termite mound. I agree that a little more room on top would add to the scene.

D. Robert Franz
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Great colors for sure. Maybe a little less FG and a bit more sky......