PDA

View Full Version : THEME: Benson / Tom

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 04:19 AM
This is my last attempt at fame and fortune! I promise!

One of my favorite portraits of Tom, our ex stray/feral cat, whom we have taken in from the streets and has given us nothing but undying affection and cuddles. He is very sweet, now that he does not bite, nor scratch.

DAP and double layer in CS4, with painting at 62% to bring out some detail from the image beneath. I tried Dave's technique he used with the Spaniel. Thanks for sharing your secrets my friend. :)

Hope you guys like it. I SUCK at blurs. But may have some come up. :p

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 04:20 AM
And the original. I used my 300mm telephoto with the 1.4x I think.

denise ippolito
07-05-2009, 06:37 AM
Akos, Very nicely done. 2 small things and then it's a wall hanger. I'd crop the tree out that will help off-center your cat. I think the program added a brushstroke over the cats right eye, I'd probably get rid of that. I think the colors and the rendition came out nicely!!

As far as blurs go . You can try to create something in Photoshop by adding a blur to an image, there are all different blurs to experiment with!!

Dave Phillips
07-05-2009, 06:47 AM
looks purdy durn nice Akos......we'll do this "painter week" again I bet.
Keep working the DAP though, as you will discover more and more

blurs, I can go handhold the 400mm with a 2X and get those

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Thank You Denise for your constructive feedback. I did the crop (should have done that as it was and it was silly of me) and I erased the painted eyes to reveal the original. I like it better. The left eye (Tom's right) was in the shade, hence why the brush stroke I think.

Is this better to your taste?

denise ippolito
07-05-2009, 06:58 AM
blurs, I can go handhold the 400mm with a 2X and get those

Too Funny Dave!!

denise ippolito
07-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Akos, You work quickly!! I think somewhere in-between. I do like seeing some of the details better. I try to mask-off or erase the effect by changing the opacity to about 30%. That way you get a bit of the effect but not too much.

Harold Davis
07-05-2009, 08:42 AM
i like the way tom looked in the original but with a little cleaner eye. the cat lost it's painterly effect a bit in the repost. the crop sets it up nicely.

that's a nice looking wildcat! got one at my shop. took us 6 weeks to break her, but now she's the best!! better than my two pigs i got at home.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Like your repost Akos with more definition on the eyes.

Indranil Sircar
07-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Excellent! mate... repost works great...

Dave Phillips
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
superb repost IMO.....but agree with Denise to not give "quite" so much detail to the eyes

Gus Cobos
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Excellent repost Akos...well done...:cool: