PDA

View Full Version : Theme: The Highwaymen - Harold Newton

Harold Davis
07-04-2009, 09:46 PM
The Highwaymen had templates that AE Backus had come up with that he thought would be big sellers. one of those templates was called Fireskies. so this is my attempt to recreate something from that template. taken on jupiter island.

thanks for looking and comments and critiques welcome and appreciated.

denise ippolito
07-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Harold, This is really very pretty-I like the colors very much and you have a very nice composition. Very interesting Artwork.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-05-2009, 06:41 AM
I think the title fits Harold. Very much. Interesting piece and I quite like it myself. Thanks for sharing buddy. :)

Dave Phillips
07-05-2009, 06:53 AM
another nice one Harold.....would like to see the tree silhouette a bit stronger
in bottom half without so much of the color cast from bg.....that's nitpicking though.

Jackie Schuknecht
07-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Now that is bright!, not too familiar with their work Harold, but it seems they are very bold. Agree with Dave, maybe if you added more blacks in selective colour in CS3/4 it would bring out the tree in silhouette more and add some detail to the grass. My .02:)

Cheryl Slechta
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Harold - this is very nice. Definitely the Highwaymen!

Garry Gibson
07-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Harold that is wonderful.
I once had an opportunity to spend an amount of time
with one of the younger of the Highwaymen. He told me a story
about going to see a demonstration of the one stroke technique
given by a lady in Vero Beach. He said he had to leave mid session
because it was enticing to watch her do blades of grass in minutes
that he had spent weeks doing.

Again, nice shot!!

Harold Davis
07-05-2009, 03:46 PM
thanks garry! i saw an exhibit of their work last year at the gardens mall in north palm beach. great stuff. i wanted to buy one, but wow are they expensive!!!

thanks all for the comments. it was a fun assignment.

Gus Cobos
07-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I like it Doctor...just the way it is...:D:cool: