Shutter: 1/200
Exp. Comp.: +0.3
Program: Aperture Priority

Cheers
gary

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi Gary,
Very nice job on the exposure and nice colors throughout. I don't mind the central placement of the sun but for me.....would crop off the left(tall edge tree & maybe even the 2nd one from left) and right (left of the copyright symbol).....this tightens up the comp for me but may take away a sense of the vastness......so tough call. Nice job getting the tree seperation too. Let's see how others feel about the crop.

gary rouleau
07-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi Roman, I always appreciate your suggestions, they help me a lot. My reasoning for the crop was to give a feeling of depth leading the eye either to the sun or the dark trees the last bit of mystery of the night.

Thanks
gary

Michael Lloyd
07-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Nice job on one of my favorite places to visit. Where in the Atchafalaya was that? Have you ever taken the road south out of the rest area to Butte La Rose?

Robert Amoruso
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice work Gary for the reasons mentioned.

Phil Ertel
07-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Very nice with a great feel. Colors are nice. I see what you were doing with the leading lines of the trees to show depth however, the tall tree on the left gives the image an unbalance feel to me. Cropping just pass it might help the balance; might not. I enjoy this image and thanks for sharing.

Nagesh Mula
07-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Its a beautiful picture Gary, however there is a possibility of taking advantage of this spot and having a great picture.
I loved the morning colors and my only wish is to have symmetrical compositon on the right of the frame too. I might try to explore the place where I can get those giant trees on both the sides or I would just try to zoom more and only include the central part just infront of the sun as the right of the frame does not adds much. Again its just a suggestion as I dont have any idea of the complexity or limitation of this place :).

Hazel Grant
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I tend to be a tight cropper, but you don't want to lose too much of that beautiful sky. The sun is in just the right place IMHO peeking through but I do agree with the suggestion that cropping that big tree to the left would make the photo more balanced and still keep the sky intact. Great capture! Getting that sun at just the right moment is hard to do and not have glare.