PDA

View Full Version : Yellowthroat

joel quenneville
07-04-2009, 05:27 PM
This Yellowthroat was taken at a local marsh. I liked the way the branches frame the bird on three sides.

Should I clone out any of the branches? I have some more canvas all round so make any suggestions as to cropping.

1/640
f/5.6
ISO 400
Sigma 120-300 + 1.4x TC @ 420 mm
Nikon D300

Doug Herr
07-04-2009, 07:43 PM
I think the bird's color makes him stand out well, but I'd be tempted to crop a little tighter anyway.

Grace Scalzo
07-04-2009, 08:00 PM
You dare to be different with this image! Nicely done overall. I like the habitat for the most part, but to my eye, the branches on the left lead me right out of the frame. I wouldn't clone them out, but try some different crops to see if there might be an alternative that is a bit stronger without destroying your intent, which I believe was to show this bird in the marsh. The bird looks nice to me, colors, esp the yellow look nice.

Aidan Briggs
07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Adding on the above suggestions, I would run NR on the BG, and try and lighten up the black face mask.

Daniel Cadieux
07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Nice habitat! I like your crop as presented. I only wish the OOF branch merging with the bill tip and the dark leaf dangling just in front of it were not there. You could warm up the color temp. I agree on NR to the BG, and wish the head was angled a little bit more towards us.