PDA

View Full Version : Garden Peony

Thomas Herou
07-04-2009, 04:19 PM
We had some nasty weather in Stockholm,Sweden today.Heavy rain,thunder and a small tornado(!)
passed my neighbourhood.But when the sun showed itself after the mayhem,I couln't resist
all the watercovered plants.

K20D, Sigma 180/3,5
f/8, 1/1000s, ISO400

John Lowin
07-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi Thomas, I like your composition and the water droplets really make this image. My preference would be that it might be bit brighter, I felt that the flower would look fresher. I also added a little canvas at the top. Hopefully I didn't make it too bright. - John

Thomas Herou
07-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your suggestion.The bright version works very well also,but in real life the Peony
have the colors ans brightness of the original version.The whites isn't really white,but more of
a creamy white.Even if your version is good,I prefer most of the time the natural colors.

Julie Kenward
07-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I like both versions very much but understand what Thomas is saying...sometimes white isn't WHITE! They both are lovely and I would think even something between the two - keeping the ivory tones of the original but maybe bringing them up just a tiny bit more to really show off those water drops might be something to persue. Still, the original is gorgeous...you certainly do have a way with wet flowers, Thomas! I didn't think you could top the daisy image but this is right up there with it in so many ways.

Fabs Forns
07-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Beautiful colors and BG, I prefer the original, softer and easier to look at.