PDA

View Full Version : Jack Frost's Home Time

Mitchell Krog
07-04-2009, 06:48 AM
A photo I took yesterday morning in a -2 Deg C blanket of frost. I arrived an hour before sunrise set up at this spot and waited for magic time to arrive. In post processing I brought a Velvia feel into the image to enhance the tones and colours. Comments welcome.

13s @ F/16, ISO 100, Nikon D3x, ND 3stop

Robert Amoruso
07-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Very unique looking image Mitchell.

I like all the layers of subtle colors and the use of diagonals in the FG and sky. The right tree as center of interest balances well with the smaller tree and hill in BG left. I would have liked to see a bit more room left so the green tree was not right at the edge.

Well done, I really like this.

Roman Kurywczak
07-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Mitch,
Very nicely done again! I love seeing people make the effort and get there early.....even in the cold.....to capture a beautiful morning. Nice job using the split and as robert mentioned.....nicely placed in the frame and very good use of the leading lines. Even the clouds cooperated and they lead me back into the scene. Very nicely done!

David DesRochers
07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I love the different tones and textures of the grasses, nice compesition and great light. I hope you had a hot cup of coffee with you. Where was this photo taken?

Mitchell Krog
08-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks very much for the comments and excuse my VERY late reply to these comments, life got a little carried away with itself and I had to cut my activity on numerous sites but promise to be more prompt with my replies from now on.