PDA

View Full Version : Happy Independence Day!

Kerry Perkins
07-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Another passion of mine is kiting. I am a certified AKA (American Kitefliers Association) pilot and also take photos for several of the regional festivals. This is from Seal Beach last year.

Let us not forget that the holiday is officially called "Independence Day", and what we are celebrating is our independence. I salute the brave men and women, living and not, present and past, who sacrificied their freedom to ensure ours.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-03-2009, 02:01 AM
I love the image and most certainly can echo your sentiments. I salute your men and women who fought for freedom!

God bless America!

Bill Jobes
07-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Beautiful colors, Kerry, and a rock-solid exposure!

I might crop the top to just above the tip of the dark triangle flag above Old Glory. It would change the aspect ratio, but perhaps boost the overall impact by removing weaker elements.

You may also wish to play with expanding the bottom by adding more ground elements, or removing them entirely.

Gus Cobos
07-03-2009, 05:30 AM
I love the colors Kerry,
well done...thanks for sharing...:cool:

denise ippolito
07-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Kerry, You are full of surprises!! I agree w/ Bill on the crop. Great to see all those colors flying thru the sky!!!Happy 4th of July to you and your family!!!And your cats!!

Alfred Forns
07-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Well said Kerry and can't imagine a better image !!!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
God bless them richly.

Great colors and fantastic kites. A very colorful image.