PDA

View Full Version : Flower for my love...

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-02-2009, 04:42 AM
A flower’s precious petals
Mean so much to my love
She’ll tremble at the knees
At the sight of the white dove

It flies high up, into the sky
Carrying my message
Of eternal love and lust
As it flies through the dark passage

<o>My words they mean a lot to me
My heart’s hangin’ in limbo
She awakens from her sweet dreams
With the dove right at her window
<o>
The dove lands gracefully
Beside my Angel’s face
To deliver all my love to her
My passion, and my grace

The flower represents just me
To my Angel who will see
That I wear my heart on my sleeve
Tears fill her eyes as the dove leaves
<o>
She knows of what I really feel
Even if I’m far away
She knows I’ll never break her heart
But will always make her day

For this Hyacinth Orchid I QM-ed the tip off then ran a topaz clean across the master tiff, then resized, ran it again, and added a Tiffen Warming Polarizer with a plug-in.
</o></o></o>

denise ippolito
07-02-2009, 06:37 AM
The flower reminds me of both a hyacinth and an orchid, I've never seen one-it's lovely.Your treatment is very subtle and nice. Your words are thoughtfully put together and I felt a sense of peacefulness as I read it. The flower and the poem are very well matched.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Thank You Lady D. :) You are very kind. I am so full of inspiration, just waiting to be set free!

I believe this orchid species is native to SE Australia. I know a gentleman who did a book on orchids of Victoria, maybe this is included. I can give you some more info if you like. :)

denise ippolito
07-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Akos, That would be nice!!:)

Julie Kenward
07-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Another beautiful flower and poem, Akos. I'm still struggling at times with the cadence but I'm definitely seeing improvement on your part.

One thing Lance has taught me is to always walk away from your written work a total of three times. If you come back to it the third time and there's nothing left to fix, it's time to share! I often find it takes me all three times to get the editing just right.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Thanks heaps Julie. I did at least twice and touched up words and phrases I thought were not quite. the third walk away sounds good. Appreciate your time very much, :)