PDA

View Full Version : Two Greenies

WIlliam Maroldo
07-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Sony A-700~Sony70-400G@400mm~ISO400~F6.3~1/2000sec~ 5-31-09~Brazos Bend State Park, Texas
CS4 Topaz Clean2
Usually I try to start with a good image and then use plugins (like Topaz) to enhance what is already there. The original image that this was derived from was flawed with so many background merges that I thought it hopeless. Nonetheless, I tried Topaz Clean 2 to see what would happen. I like it.
comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

denise ippolito
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Bill, This is a tough one because there are so many elements of this image I like. I think the effect on some of the foliage is neat. The underwing details are very nice-but I had some trouble seeing the second bird initially. I'm not crazy about the mixed lighting and the HA's aren't ideal. All that said- I agree it's got something!!:)

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
It has some interesting effects from that Topaz filter indeed. I am in two minds about the content, just a little busy I feel to make it stand out. Thanks for sharing. :)

WIlliam Maroldo
07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Alright, let me explain the way I look at it. It is somewhat like surrealism, in that what first appears as foliage is transforming itself into a bird. Head angles, confusing backgrounds, and stuff like that are not important here IMO. This is not supposed to be a photograph, or depict a scene, but an somewhat unusual visual transformation. Of course I am reading way too much into it, but that was my impression. regards~Bill

denise ippolito
07-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Bill, The one thing I do know is Art is subjective and is appreciated by alot of different people for alot of different reasons. When it comes to art I feel it is most important to please yourself first. Always!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-01-2009, 11:04 PM
When it comes to art I feel it is most important to please yourself first. Always!!

I couldn't agree more! 1000% with you D. :)

Fabs Forns
07-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Almost feels like etching, interesting illustration effect, Bill.

Gus Cobos
07-02-2009, 07:10 PM
It looks like I'm watching a 3-D movie clip Bill...interesting...:cool: