PDA

View Full Version : Eyes Watching Buddha

Gary Grossman
01-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Taken in Kathmandu, Nepal using Canon SX100 IS.

Jasper Doest
01-02-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Gary, nice to have you here on BPN! What a nice refreshing wildlife photograph this is.I love the contrast between that colourful Buddha and the monotone monkey. Well seen and nicely framed. The overall shot is a bit on the bright side however. The yellow on the arm of the Buddha is blown out (lacking detail) and the overall image lacks shadow contrast. If you'd go back into Photoshop, go to Levels, and pull your black slider up to about 30...you'd add the needed contrast to turn this into an excellent photograph. Nice work, I'm looking forward seeing more of your work posted here. Best,

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Gary, this is definetley a unique image and I really like it. Jasper pointed out a few problems and I concur.. Look forward to more posts...

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Great comments as usual by Jasper. When faced with over-exposed bright yellows (or reds), go to Hue/Sat, select the offending channel, and reduce the Saturation by 10-15 points. In most cases, the details will be restored.

later and love, artie

ps: I love the image and the colors and the monkey.

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Refreshing image !!!! I like the monkeys pose very much Draws my eyes from one to the other !!! Agree with previous comments !!!!

Gary Grossman
01-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you Art. I attended a seminar you led in Vancouver a couple of months ago and very much enjoyed your photos and the information you shared. It was inspiring!