PDA

View Full Version : "Color Me Poppy"

Gus Cobos
07-01-2009, 05:07 AM
“Color Me Poppy”

Note: Fiber optic lighting was used at different control points to light the flower from the back; in conjunction with diffuser panels to soften the light and two black shields were positioned for the shadow cast; giving this lady a silky smooth, velvet wrap texture.

This exotic beauty was painted with a Nikon D3, using a Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D IF-ED macro lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 60mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/60sec. - f/22 / exposure comp @ -0.7EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ custom profile, using an Expo disk for color calibration / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to minimum fill flash with a wide dispersal pattern and attached diffuser. / tone comp @ +1 degree / hue adjustment @ +2 degrees / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform - tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and remote electronic trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Mark Fuge
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Another awesome one... :cool: You'd almost think you've done this before! :D

One of these times you have to give us something that we can critique. Your missing all the agony :eek: and fun of being here! :p ;)

Alfred Forns
07-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Looks alive Gus !!!! Awesome !!!

Katie Rupp
07-01-2009, 05:15 PM
So very rich, Gus. I like the little threads/hairs along the stem and the folds in the petals which look like draped, very expensive and heavy satin fabric.

Mirenchu Fernandez
07-01-2009, 07:07 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous!

denise ippolito
07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Gus, Nice backlighting and the black BG adds alot of drama to the already dramatic red poppy!!!

Cheryl Slechta
07-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Gus, this beautiful poppy would look wonderful in OOTB with a Georgia O'Keefe treatment;)