PDA

View Full Version : Lurking

Alfred Forns
06-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Not sure what is happening to this bug? One antenna and leg have a strange appearance Was thinking chromatic aberration? ... with the mid ISO and having other parts looking normal not so sure ... any ideas?

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 50D
Sigma 180 macro 1.4X 25mm tube
f8.0 1/2000 sec
Av -1
Twin macro light
ISO 400

Thomas Herou
07-01-2009, 06:25 AM
I don't think it's CA on the antenna and leg.Many bugs have a metallic shine depending on the light.Like some birds
plumages which changes colors in different angles of the light.
I really like the comp and the fantastic facial coloring.

Mark Fuge
07-01-2009, 06:39 AM
First, nice shot Al!

I would agree that it may just be nature at her best. Critters are different under different light. I would appreciate that and show the shot with pride!

However, it would have been nice to show the habitat! ;) :D One similarity between maco and maxi-tele, no habitat! Just reflecting on another board post we both enjoyed in the last few days! ;)

Nice shot though... :cool:

Julie Kenward
07-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Boy, I'd hate to be the bug on the other side of that leaf! He looks mean!

I agree with the others - I think the metallic shine is just the bug at its best. I also wish I could see a little bit more of the one leg on the right side. Other than that - it's gorgeous!

Alfred Forns
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
...thanks I really had no clue as to the color :)

Fabs Forns
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Good looking critter, too bad I missed it :(

Steve Maxson
07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi Alfred. I think the others are probably right and that the colors are just a bit of iridescence. I like the perspective with the bug looking over the leaf edge and down on you - as if ready to pounce (though this looks like a Harlequin Bug - a plant feeder). :) Well done.

Alfred Forns
07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the name Steve ..... btw it was (and friends) feasting on leafs big time ... the plant was a sorry sight !!! :)

Christopher Miller
07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Like the perspective here. Looks like it's ready to pounce! I also like the muted colors of the leaf and BG; really makes the bug pop. Well done!

Ed Cordes
07-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Mean looking critter! I also agree about the shiny reflected color being natural. The OOF leaf edge going across the entire frame is a bit distracting. The caption helps defuse the issue.