PDA

View Full Version : Fourth of July - 4

Mark Fuge
06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Canon EOS 5D – EF35–135/4–5.6 USM @ 35mm – ISO 200 – 1/125Sec. @ f/8.0 – Metering Spot – Exposure Compensation 0

This is the #3 gun turret. (This ones for you Al) The white buoy in the center of the image is the stern of the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/ /><st1:State alt=</st1:State>Arizona.

The white concrete blocks, in the water, beyond the buoy are mooring blocks for the other battleships that were moored there.

The concrete attached to the right of the turret was added after the sinking, to allow access to the ship.<O:p></O:p>

Gus Cobos
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I like this Mark, its very impressive...:cool:

denise ippolito
06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Mark, Beautiful colors and well presented!!

Alfred Forns
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi Mark Thanks I will have to look for mine Made from about the exact place !!!

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
This is great Mark. I gather this is Pearl Harbor?

Mark Fuge
07-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Yes Ákos, the series I have posted this week are all images of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, in honor of our country's celebration of Independance Day this coming Saturday. While it is our day of independance from British rule, you know those blokes ... right? :D It also needs to be remember that independance for any nation is not complete, if it is later lost. Therefore, I wanted to show what it took to maintain our freedom and salute those who in the past, present and will in the future, give their freedom for those of us who enjoy ours. It is not a given, it is a continuous maintenance, as we are currently seeing in the challenges faced today.

Pearl Harbor, is a living monument and the Arizona was a battle cry to maintain our way of life and that of many around the world who shared, as your country did and does, our quest for freedom and justice.

Make A Great Day!

Judy Lynn Malloch
07-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Another memorable capture Mark !!!!! Thanks