PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3.5

Axel Hildebrandt
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Firefox 3.5 has been released, color management is turned on by default now and it is notably faster, especially with Java applications: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

denise ippolito
06-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks Axel!!

John Chardine
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks Axel. Seems to be quite fast on the Mac!

Jay Gould
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Firefox 3.5 has been released, color management is turned on by default now and is notably faster, especially with Java applications: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

I remember we had a discussion about color management some time in the cyber past; however, the search function still is not operating - at least on my machine!

:o Did we want to have color management turned on or turned off; that refers to the "use system colors" box?

Thanks!

Axel Hildebrandt
06-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Color-managed browsers show the image as it looks in PS, which I think is preferable. I think only Internet Explorer is not color-managed but I could be wrong about that.

Alfred Forns
06-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Just installed and looks awesome !!!! Slick interface !!!

Dave Phillips
06-30-2009, 08:09 PM
thanks Axel.....for those interested, here is link to new color awareness
on be default and 5X faster than previous
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/

Axel Hildebrandt
06-30-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks Axel.....for those interested, here is link to new color awareness
on be default and 5X faster than previous
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/

Thanks for the link, Dave! Interesting read.

Alfred Forns
06-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Dave Great link !!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
06-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Axel, downloading it and hoping it will be good. jc

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
For those of you using newer MacBooks (Pro), after looking/commenting on an image on the trackpad you can swipe to the left with three fingers to go back to the forum instead of clicking on the back button. Works in Safari, too. Three fingers up or down goes to the top or bottom of the page.

Doug Brown
07-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's something interesting. I checked out the following link (http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/) to read up on color management in Firefox 3.5. I had previously enabled it in 3.0. On the web page they have a purple rectangle that looks like a solid color if color management is not working properly. If it is working properly the right half of the rectangle has a darker purple square in the middle of it. I wasn't seeing the dark square. I opened the same page in Safari for Mac and I could see the dark square. At least on my Mac, it looks like if you played with the color management settings previously those now incorrect settings are carried over to Firefox 3.5. I had to go into about:config and set the value for color management to 2 (it was on 1). Now things work great.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Doug, this is really interesting, I didn't have color management enabled in Firefox 3.0 to be able to see the differences compared with Safari. In Firefox 3.5 I do see the little purple square, I can also see it in Safari. On my computer the small one is lighter, though. I also noticed that the Firefox icon changed a little.

Tell Dickinson
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
I upgraded today and now Firefox takes 2 MINUTES to load, after that everything is ok but if I close it down it will take another 2 MINUTES to start again. Tried lots of things but as yet unresolved.

I tried the colour management test as given above and I do NOT see the small square, but if I try this test...
http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html
..I pass with flying colours ?

Tell

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I upgraded today and now Firefox takes 2 MINUTES to load, after that everything is ok but if I close it down it will take another 2 MINUTES to start again. Tried lots of things but as yet unresolved.

I tried the colour management test as given above and I do NOT see the small square, but if I try this test...
http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html
..I pass with flying colours ?

Tell

I would try to reinstall, it should take 2 seconds or so. Did you enable color management in FF 3? If so, maybe you have to do the changes Doug mentioned.

Tell Dickinson
07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I would try to reinstall, it should take 2 seconds or so. Did you enable color management in FF 3? If so, maybe you have to do the changes Doug mentioned.Hi Axel, already tried reinstalling but just the same :( Also uninstalled all addons, disabled 2nd monitor, closed down my firewall and virus checker etc etc without overcoming the problem. I think other people are also getting this so hopefully there may be a patch at some time ?

Also have done the changes that Doug mentioned as I did have cm enabled in ff3. But the link I gave shows that I am in fact colour managed even if I cannot see the small square ??? - strange.

Tell

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Axel, already tried reinstalling but just the same :( Also uninstalled all addons, disabled 2nd monitor, closed down my firewall and virus checker etc etc without overcoming the problem. I think other people are also getting this so hopefully there may be a patch at some time ?

Also have done the changes that Doug mentioned as I did have cm enabled in ff3. But the link I gave shows that I am in fact colour managed even if I cannot see the small square ??? - strange.

Tell

Weird, maybe it is a software bug if more people experience it. As for CM, I think you should be able to see the little square. Have you tried a different color-managed browser such as Safari?

Jay Gould
07-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Here's something interesting. I checked out the following link (http://hacks.mozilla.org/2009/06/color-correction/) to read up on color management in Firefox 3.5. I had previously enabled it in 3.0. On the web page they have a purple rectangle that looks like a solid color if color management is not working properly. If it is working properly the right half of the rectangle has a darker purple square in the middle of it. I wasn't seeing the dark square. I opened the same page in Safari for Mac and I could see the dark square. At least on my Mac, it looks like if you played with the color management settings previously those now incorrect settings are carried over to Firefox 3.5. I had to go into about:config and set the value for color management to 2 (it was on 1). Now things work great.

Hi Doug and everybody -

At the outset, what is the default profile for your monitor. I assume it is NOT sRGB!

I went to the link you have indicated; I only saw one solid box. The text pertaining to the box indicated:

In Firefox 3.5 and Safari you will notice that there’s a purple box within a purple box (unless your system profile is sRGB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRGB).) This is because the image is color corrected while the surrounding CSS is not.While this thread is about FF3.5, my response pertains to Color Management - the moderators can decide if this should be moved or if my response should be in a new thread - feel free to make the change!

This caused me to dig further regarding "system profiles".

The path: Desktop > Personalize > Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Color Management > Advanced:

Here I learned that my system default is sRGB IEC61966-2.1; that is why I do not see two different images in the purple box!

I am using Spyder3Pro to calibrate my monitor. I am providing this information simply because I do not know if it is relevant to this discussion. I do see all of the boxes on the calibration strip; the only two that are the least distinctive are the two left most black boxes although they are distinguishable.

I have a choice of many system defaults; these are a few that were recognizable to me:

Adobe RGB (1998)

A series of Canon IP100 profiles for my Canon printer: GL2, GL3, MP2, PR1, PR2, PR3, SP2/SG2, SP3/SG3

ProPhoto RGB

sRGB IEC61966-2.1

What system profiles are BPNers using?

Finally, I opened about:config as indicated in <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm lclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm lclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CJay%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm lclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_page_profile/embeddedJPEGprofiles.html#.

That caused me to post the combined image.

The first image is the FF settings after the install of 3.5 - no change made - are they correct for color management?

The second image is the instruction for enabling color management in about:config. I do not appear to have the gfx line indicated in the instructions.

The third image is very interesting - it says I am color managed; however, since for the moment my system default is sRGB apparently the colors would show as indicated since the default management for 3.5 is sRGB!

I am guessing that the most important question from this exercise is: What is the correct default profile for my monitor? sRGB is a samller color space than aRGB which is a smaller color space than ProPhoto RGB which is the default I use when I transfer an image from Lightroom to Photoshop.

All help gratefully appreciated!! Cheers, Jay
<o>
</o>

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Jay, if you calibrated your monitor then you should see an ICC profile that was created by your calibration software.

James Prudente
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Open about:config ???

Axel Hildebrandt
07-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Open about:config ???

Meaning type the command in the address bar of the browser.

James Prudente
07-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks Axel.

Jim

Jay Gould
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Jay, if you calibrated your monitor then you should see an ICC profile that was created by your calibration software.

Bingo!!

I opened my Spyder software to learn the identity of the Spyder profile - there it was looking back out at me :D.

I then went back through the steps to get to the color management files and in the same list as sRGB was my Spyder created profile. Unfortunately, while what Spyder creates doth not necessarily get applied - duh!

Opted for the Spyder profile; closed everything and voila!

I can see two purple boxes :D

Then I checked about:config, promised to be careful :o , and I still do not have line described to be enabled. Guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks Alex,

Axel Hildebrandt
07-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Bingo!!

I opened my Spyder software to learn the identity of the Spyder profile - there it was looking back out at me :D.

I then went back through the steps to get to the color management files and in the same list as sRGB was my Spyder created profile. Unfortunately, while what Spyder creates doth not necessarily get applied - duh!

Opted for the Spyder profile; closed everything and voila!

I can see two purple boxes :D

Then I checked about:config, promised to be careful :o , and I still do not have line described to be enabled. Guess it doesn't matter.

Thanks Alex,

I'm glad you got the color profile to work, images should look much better now.

Tell Dickinson
07-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Hi Axel, already tried reinstalling but just the same :( Also uninstalled all addons, disabled 2nd monitor, closed down my firewall and virus checker etc etc without overcoming the problem. I think other people are also getting this so hopefully there may be a patch at some time ?

TellI have now fixed the problem of slow startup :D by using CCleaner to clean up the registry and now it starts up as normal. I am still unsure if the installation went wrong and did something to the registry or that there was already something in the registry that affected Firefox 3.5 where it did not affect 3.2 ?

Tell

Axel Hildebrandt
07-03-2009, 06:30 AM
I have now fixed the problem of slow startup :D by using CCleaner to clean up the registry and now it starts up as normal. I am still unsure if the installation went wrong and did something to the registry or that there was already something in the registry that affected Firefox 3.5 where it did not affect 3.2 ?

Tell

I'm glad it was an easy fix. CCleaner is quite useful for PCs.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-03-2009, 10:04 PM
I have had so many problems with this new version that I will have to uninstall it and install the prevision version. I can't close open windows and much more.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I have had so many problems with this new version that I will have to uninstall it and install the prevision version. I can't close open windows and much more.

Are you on a Mac or PC? If PC, maybe you should give the CCleaner a try. It helped in Tell's case.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Are you on a Mac or PC? If PC, maybe you should give the CCleaner a try. It helped in Tell's case.
Hi Axel

I have a PC and Windows XP Professional SP3 and I just run CCleaner and nothing changes so I will have to give Internet Ex. 8 a try and see if there's any improvements.

Thank you any ways.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-14-2009, 08:02 AM
Hi Axel

I have a PC and Windows XP Professional SP3 and I just run CCleaner and nothing changes so I will have to give Internet Ex. 8 a try and see if there's any improvements.

Thank you any ways.

That is weird, I haven't heard of that problem. If you want a color-managed browser you could also download Safari for Windows and see if that works better.

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I really don't like Internet Explorer...!

Axel Hildebrandt
07-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Firefox 3.5.1 supposedly fixes the slow startup bug (Windows) and a Javascript issue. You can download it here or wait until it is available via the Firefox update (this link is for Windows only): http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Mozilla-Firefox-v35-for-Windows/1032985422/7

Juan Carlos Vindas
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Solved problem!

Thank you very much for all your help Axel.

Axel Hildebrandt
07-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Solved problem!

Thank you very much for all your help Axel.

I'm glad it worked.