f/16
5d Mark II
24-105L
ISO 100
images taken at -2, 0, +2

Richard Lovison
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow, what beautiful, unusual colors.

I like the composition as the foreground bush leads the eye to the river and the river takes you through the rest of the image. Possibly consider raising the crop from the bottom slightly above your signature as it seems a bit heavy.

Arthur Morris
06-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Lovely colors and HDR work. I was gonna say that I would have liked it better without the bushes but scrolling to see Richard's suggested crop really tightened things up and lets the eye get to the river more quickly and easily. Was to go Richard.

Rene Quenneville
06-30-2009, 07:46 PM
another vote for the tighter crop.

Michael Pancier
06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2559/3676495861_95fd5dbcfe_o.jpg

here's the cropped version per suggestion. How's this?

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey Michael,
Know the area well and have been there quite a few times myself......nice suggestion by Richard as I do like the crop better. This is one of those times that HDR works better than a straight up shot........ the light angle looks like it was further away from early morning or late afternoon judging by the shadow......that being said the HDR brought out the details and shadows nicely and I'm sure that 1 exposure would not have been able to handle it as well......so nice choice there. It does appear to be a bit on the cyan/muddy??...side in the canyon itself so possibly popping in a bit more contrast there will help. Very minor tweaks so nice job on the comp and HDR work.

Morkel Erasmus
07-01-2009, 09:50 AM
fantastic shot, almost ethereal in appearance. new crop works better for me too. majestic place this!!

Michael Pancier
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey Michael,
Know the area well and have been there quite a few times myself......nice suggestion by Richard as I do like the crop better. This is one of those times that HDR works better than a straight up shot........ the light angle looks like it was further away from early morning or late afternoon judging by the shadow......that being said the HDR brought out the details and shadows nicely and I'm sure that 1 exposure would not have been able to handle it as well......so nice choice there. It does appear to be a bit on the cyan/muddy??...side in the canyon itself so possibly popping in a bit more contrast there will help. Very minor tweaks so nice job on the comp and HDR work.

Roman, shot it around 9 am local time. It was hazy so it was hard to cut it even with polarizer...thus the blue.

Ed Cordes
07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Lovely image. The colors look painterly.

Ákos Lumnitzer
07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Ed captured my thoughts, it appears as if it were painted. Wonderful color range Michael and I prefer the second version, with less FG.

Robert Amoruso
07-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Michael,

Like the crop and the HDR work. I suggest local contrast enhancement to cut haze in an image.