PDA

View Full Version : India Roller

Harshad Barve
06-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Dear All

Taken this image in Bandhavgarh National Park , Madhya Pradesh , India with D300, 600MM, with bean bag support
Actually there were 2 birds perched but third arrived and I lost space in frame.
This is full frame shot
Sorry for space all around
They generally say , two is a company and three is crowd

All C & C most welcome & appreciated

Regards
Harshad

Marc Mol
06-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Plenty to like here Harshad, great light & BG, nice and sharp too. Could wish for more room between first and middle bird and more canvas for the bird on the right but understand the predicament of this shot.
However, very pleasing image overall with catchlights in all 3 birds.

Cheers
Marc

Stu Bowie
06-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Great interaction between the three. All wanting a bit of the catch. Would liked to have seen the rest of the settings, as the roller at the back is just on the range of your DOF. Well captured.

Stephen Earle
06-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Interesting image which holds the viewers attention. If anything some space on the right would be good.

Aidan Briggs
06-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes, space on the right would be good. I also wish that the focus was on the middle, or top bird, instead of on the lower right bird.

David Gancarz
07-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Beautiful composition. It reminds me of a J J Audubon painting, particularly the posture of the center bird. Agree about additional space to the right, which should not be too hard to create in PS, if your ethics allow.

Steve Canuel
07-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I like the look of this one, especially the birds on the left. I would add a little space on the right if it were mine.