PDA

View Full Version : Peek-A-Boo !

Harshad Barve
06-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Dear All
this picture made in Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh, India with D300, 600MM, ISO 400
All C & C are most welcome & appreciated.
Harshad

Sabyasachi Patra
06-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Harshad,
I like the composition. Would love some more sharpness. What was the shutter speed? It would have been good without the bright patch on the top right. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kartikeya Puri
06-30-2009, 07:36 AM
An outstanding image Harshad. Love the expression and bright eyes. :-)

+1 for the cropping part. I think a little cropping from the bottom and a bit of cropping from the bottom (to remove the bright white part) will add value to this image.

Cheers,
Kartik

Alfred Forns
06-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I like it lot Harshad

Perfect timing and great mood !!! Do like the crop Very effective

I think the slight softness is due to motion? Downloaded the image and tried sharpening a bit more but could not improve. With your D300 much higher ISO is possible with excellent results, will have very little noise and can be dealt with !!! Excellent image !!!!

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2009, 09:15 AM
The face looks sharp to me but more on the nose and not the eyes.

Cropping some from top will get rid of the bright spot. Well done on getting to pose.

Morkel Erasmus
06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
ditto - nose and eyes are sharp but the rest looks like slight motion blur. I would have liked your position to be a bit more to the right and get just a tad more of the tiger from behind the tree. the comp is effective however, and I would love a shot like this in my gallery.

Jeni Williams
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I like the title and comp!! Some burning of the top right would even out that bright spot. Super expression.

Kiran Khanzode
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Lovely title and composition, really a peek-a-boo moment !

Fabs Forns
06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I like Peter's crop but the bright areas are still there.
If you have access to Color Point control, as in VIVEZA, you can take brightness out of that area.
Another way is via Select>Color Range, using the eyedropper to select the color, taking the selection to another layer and using Multiply as blending mode, adjusting the opacity of the layer to taste.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Harshad
Very well composed, with IMHO, the exception of leaving a little more room under the tiger for the (imaginary) feet. If they were showing, I guess they'd be very close to the edge of your frame? That would also reduce the bright URC.
Overall, the image is pleasing and I can only praise it in most aspects. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce Enns
06-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Hi Harshad, I like this image a lot. I like Peter's crop as it makes it slightly more intimate, and agree that the image would be improved with the bright areas removed. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Bruce

Stu Bowie
07-01-2009, 06:21 AM
I like the peek-a boo stare, and agree that the nose is sharper than the eyes. Pity, as there is so much detail and lovely colour in that face. I would crop off from the top too.