PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pacific

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Other than birds and wildlife, I have always had an affinity for trains. Had my parents never decided to defect from my homeland, I would have been a train driver. One of my dreams still is to at least drive a steam loco, or learn how to drive one. MS Train Simulator just doesn't cut it. :D

This image portrays the most famous Aussie trains, the Indian Pacific, linking Sydney with Perth. Lucky for me, I live very close to the main western line. I was precariously hanging on the edge of a stormwater drain, taking the image with one hand as the diesel approached. Maybe overdid the polarizer. Sorry. :(

denise ippolito
06-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Akos, I think the color adds impact for this image!Nice perspective!!

Mark Fuge
06-29-2009, 07:21 AM
I would agree. The blue highlights the colors of the train and makes it pop. Nice shot.

Alfred Forns
06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Love the perspective !!!! .. do like the bold colors btw very wide angle lenses will saturate on their own !!!

Gus Cobos
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Akos,
The perspective is great...I like the intense colors...nicely done...:cool:

Axel Hildebrandt
06-29-2009, 01:00 PM
That is one blue sky. :) You as train expert might be able to tell me why the train has 5 horns.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
We are very horny in Australia! :D

Nah, I don't know, I am no expert Axel. My best guess is that it travels through such vast, open country that it needs all the warning possible to alert kangaroos, cattle or whatever else may be in its path. To be honest, I never heard it in action, but I am sure it is deafening. :)

Thanks for the comments. Al, it's a 24-85m Canon and I wish it were wider on my 30D. :(