PDA

View Full Version : Skyscape 1

John Lowin
06-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Stepped out in the backyard yesterday evening and was greeted with this dramatic cloudscape, I was impressed with it's breadth. Hope it's OK to post it here in landscapes. I darkened the trees silhouettes slightly. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/8 1/1250 ISO 400
Canon 1D Mk II
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM @ 16mm
hh

Morkel Erasmus
06-29-2009, 04:20 PM
I like this. the rays of the sun, the splendid clouds and the dark FG make this a pleasure to look at.

Robert Amoruso
06-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Composed well John. The arc of trees and clouds balance well together and the sun's rays are great leading lines. Darkening the trees was a good decision to create a better silhouette affect with them.

Rene Quenneville
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I like the composition. It is a very pleasing image. Definately dramatic! There seems to be some posterising in the sky. Have you saturated the blue channel?

John Lowin
06-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I like the composition. It is a very pleasing image. Definately dramatic! There seems to be some posterising in the sky. Have you saturated the blue channel?

No blue channel saturation, just slight sharpening with Photo Kit Sharpener. - John

John Lowin
06-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks to all who commented, it's appreciated. - John

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey John,
Nice flow to the tree silhouettes. I may have preferred a bit more of the tree on the left and less on the right....I like the tree as a frame element and the way it starts the flow through the scene.....but the rays and clouds are very dramatic. Not the most dramatic FG subject but well composed and exposed with what you had. Nicely done.