PDA

View Full Version : Common Kingfisher

Harshad Barve
06-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Dear All
Taken at Bandhavgarh National Park, MAdhya Pradesh , India with D300, 600MM , at ISO 200
Image may look harsh but sunlight of 8.30 AM was falling on back of bird.
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

P.S. Arthur , I had a great time with your friend John Isaac at Bandhavgarh & what a helping hand he is.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Harshad

For my taste the left side is a little tight and if I had to be picky, I wish the shadow was not cast on the back. In a positive light, this image is beautiful, capturing the stunning visual extravaganza of the Kingfisher's plumage in the light. THe BG is also to die for. So congratulations mate. :)

Stu Bowie
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM
The colours look well exposed and natural to me, and like how he is perched on the end of most probably the closest part of the tree to the water. Great OOF BG, but I would run another NR on it.

DanWalters
06-29-2009, 06:52 AM
I do agree about the left side. Otherwise a beautiful image. I love the intense colors and the clean background.

Bill Jobes
06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Now that's one stunning bird! Nice capture under the bright light.

This may be just a matter of personal taste, but I would pull the crop slightly down and to the left, to elevate the bird in the image, and give a sense of where it might jump when it leaves the branch.

Alma K Bailey
06-29-2009, 09:10 AM
A very colorful beauty , I have never seen one up close and this is a beautiful bird indeed.

You have great clarity here, nice shot..

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Harshad...beautiful photo of beautiful bird. its one those common birds that you forget how beautiful it is just because its so common. excellent BG. head-angle works for me.

I will prefer to see more room on the left too.

I am bit surprised with the BG noise at iso 200. You might want to run noise reduction only on the BG.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Michael Southcott
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Looks a little over-saturated ...

Danny Laredo
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
This type of Kingfisher is always a joy to photograph.
Nice light and colors. But for my taste the Kwfisher is a bit big in the frame, and the frame is a touch tight on our left.

Glenn Bartley
06-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Its a bit tight.......but what a gorgeous bird!