PDA

View Full Version : A calm road

Octavio Campos Salles
06-27-2009, 11:02 PM
This is an old pic, but I have always liked it. It was shot at a road inside a farm, just 10 minutes from home. I converted it to b&w by splitting the channels (red, green, blue and lab), mixing them and adding some quick masks.

Looking at it today I guess a human figure would look good here... but I still like it as is...

http://www.octaviosalles.com.br/imagens/galeria/pb4.jpg

Shot with a Nikon D70 and Sigma 10-20mm lens.

Arthur Morris
06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Filtered light looks a bit better in B&W but I am still not a big fan of it. Love the trees and the road. A crop from the bottom would tighten it up--about half way from the frame edge to the base of the rh tree . I do like the mood.

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Octavio,
I too like the mood here and feel that if you go back and tone down some of the brighter areas......the mixed light situation will improve dramatically. The old masters used to spend hours dodging and burning. I find that in the digital age.....those tweaks are still very effective but much easier now and not quite as laborious......so thry them and see if you can bring even more mood to a very nice composition.

Rene Quenneville
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
I support the previous comments. I love the composition. There is great potential here.