PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose, or is it Mongeese?

Mark Fuge
06-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Canon EOS 5D - EF35-135/4-5.6 USM @ 135mm – ISO 200 - 1/400Sec. @ f/8.0 - Metering Mode Spot - Exposure Compensation 0

This was shot at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/ /><st1:PlaceName w:st=</st1:PlaceName>Hanauma <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bay</st1:PlaceType> on <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Oahu</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">Hawaii.</st1:State>
<st1:State w:st="on"></st1:State>
<st1:State w:st="on"></st1:State>They are one of the many, non native wildlife on the islands. They were brought over to control the rat population, which came with ships that frequented the islands during the settlement years. Now they have grown in numbers as there are no predators to control and hunt them.

Another case of man interferring with the natural roles of nature.

David Smith
06-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Mark:

I think you missed the focus on this one. On my monitor, the whole image looks a little OOF.

Dave

Sabyasachi Patra
06-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Mark,
Is this a big crop? There is a huge loss in IQ.

I agree with you that Exotic species play havoc with the native species.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Stu Bowie
06-30-2009, 02:15 AM
One mongoose, two mongi ( pronounced mon-guy )

Mark Fuge
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I've been off the board for a while, though on the site. Didn't get back here to followup. This is the unadulterated image of the "mongi".

Arthur Morris
07-01-2009, 08:02 PM
The mongi in the captured image in pane 6 immediately above are both unsharp and the animal in the front is not looking at the camera. With a fairly big crop the originally posted image is totally unsharp as well as over-saturated. Not sure what is going on as in the original image not even "Nature's Visions" is at all sharp....