PDA

View Full Version : Coreopsis

Mike Fuhr
06-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Walked along the river this morning to try out my new camera and found a bunch of this little flower blooming. I liked the look of this loner and adjacent bud. Background is shaded sandbar. C and C welcome.

D300
100-300mm F/4
300mm
1/80
F/7.1
ISO 200
Tripod
minor cropping and slight sharpening

Julie Kenward
06-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Mike, I like your composition. I'd think about taking a slice off the right side so the bud was more to the corner and maybe clone out the couple of small leaves at the base of the stem since there isn't really enough of it showing to give a real sense of foliage.

My Internet is down at home so I'm viewing this on an uncalibrated monitor. I hate to comment on the lighting or colors for that reason but my thought is to either take the BG a little lighter or a little darker as it seems to be in the same tonal range as the flower. Again...that could just be the monitor so wait and see what others say.

I do really like your eye on this one. Nice placement of the flower in the frame and a little off the right end and I think you'll be right there.

Alfred Forns
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi Mike !!!

Colors look fine here Might only sharpen a little more btw we have been doing damselflies at 5000 ISO (5000) and able to clean the noise nicely !!! Get that ISO up for more dof and shutter speed !!!!

Simple elegant and great feel !!!

Anita Bower
07-04-2009, 05:21 AM
Nice composition. The angle of the stem and flower coming into the frame, and the bud (?) above the open flower, caught my interest right away. Somehow, I would like to see the flower a tiny bit brighter. Great BG!