PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at the pass

Fred Bourque
06-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Canon 50D/10-22MM
HDR Image 6 exp. using Photomatrix

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/Stargazer_54/landscapes/SANDFENCESLPHDR_11X15_123.jpg

Kaushik Balakumar
06-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Fred, this is one of the real good HDR renderings. Love the tones and tonal gradation across the image.
Not so sure if the composition is makign high impact. But I simply love this image for the natural rendering of the scene.

Robert Amoruso
06-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Fred,

Expertly executed with regards to the HDR tone mapping. Agree with Kaushik on the comp. I think having the opening in the fence placed at the lower left power point of a rule of thirds composition would strengthen the image.

I tried a recrop just to see - though I am not too crazy about the square crop that resulted. Better yet, if you can get back out there, repositioning in the field would be best. The foot prints leading up to the opening is a good leading line too.

Paul Marcellini
06-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I like Robert's repost and don't mind the squarish crop. I also like how his crop centered the 3 clouds.

Arthur Morris
06-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Fred, While this is a good image and all the techs are fine, the elements are just not strong enough to make a great photo.

Roman Kurywczak
06-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Fred,
Very nice HDR work.......very natural looking and I am a big fan of that. I'm going with Artie on this one......the fence line just isn't strong enough or maybe it is the lack of more clouds to add another layer.....just not strong enough for me comp wise either. I did try taking about 2/3 of the sky off(try it with the browser) on Robert's re-post and that did make the fence line a bit more prominant.....still not sure it is enough

Fred Bourque
06-29-2009, 06:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments.
I agree on the comp, I wish there had been a few more clouds but here in texas we have been in a really dry period.
I had very little room to work with, On the left just out of frame was a bridge, and on the right was a beach house, so I tried to leave these out because I wanted an open beach look. I do have a couple more shots from that morning so I may look at these again tonight
I like the recrop, with the gate more to the left, The square framing really dosent bother me at all.
Im am going to have to revisit this place again. It has a bunch of possibilities.